If you’re craving something sweet but looking for a healthier option, these gluten and dairy free biscuits are great and can be rustled up in minutes! Cinnamon is a good anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant ingredient and can help balance sugar levels. Delicious eaten with a cup of cinnamon or ginger tea.
- 250g ground almonds
- 1 ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 80g coconut oil, melted
- 100g maple syrup
- pecan halves, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir well.
- Divide and shape the mix into desert spoon size balls and place them on a baking tray.
- Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand to about 1cm thick. Top each one with half a pecan.
- Bake for 12 minutes until biscuits turn golden around the edges.
- Leave the biscuits to cool and firm up on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.