These fruity friands are really quick to whip up, great when you need a cake fix, but need to remain gluten, dairy and refined sugar free! I’m finding this summer particularly hard to keep to my anti-inflammatory diet, especially during the kids holidays. Continuously serving up food that I can’t eat makes it so much harder to resist, but these little gems are a good substitute!
- Coconut oil for greasing
- 140g ground almonds
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 70g coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- Fruit topping of your choice. Blueberries or raspberries work really well.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease 6 holes of a muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Combine the ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda, salt and coconut sugar in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the batter equally in the muffin tray. Top with your choice of fruit. (Make sure the fruit doesn’t contact the tin as this will make it harder to clean)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden. Allow to cool in the tray for 10 minutes before removing them.
Delicious with cinnamon tea and best eaten straight away, enjoy!