Fall in love this Autumn with Food! This butternut squash and ginger soup couldn’t be easier to make and is a wonderful tonic to calm your gut. Often if I’m having an Endo flare up I turn to anti-inflammatory foods that are easy to digest and support the immune system.
Butternut squash is also high in vitamin A, essential for regulating cell growth, eye health and bone health, as well as supporting the immune system. It’s delicious too and a great autumnal fruit!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (preferably odourless)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 2 thumb-sized pieces of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper as required
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan.
- Add all the chopped vegetables. Gently fry them until softened, around 5-8 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Season as required.
Great served with bread that’s gluten, soy and unrefined sugar free. If you happen to live near Sevenoaks, Eat’n Mess makes this type of bread, it’s amazing!
Use organic food whenever you can to avoid Estrogenic pesticides. Some research suggests a link between dioxins in the environment and increased levels of Estrogen.