Since changing my life by eating anti-inflammatory food, I’ve maintained a refined sugar free diet. This has only been possible by eating healthy alternative treats like these delicious turmeric biscuits, where honey and cinnamon substitute refined sugar. I also use turmeric wherever possible in food for it’s strong anti-inflammatory effects and it works well in this recipe from The Modern Baker.
- 250g ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 80ml virgin olive oil
- 100g organic honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the olive oil and honey and stir well.
- Divide and shape the mix into desert spoon balls and place them on a baking tray. Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand to about 1cm thick.
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Leave the biscuits to cool and firm up on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Delicious served with Golden milk for a double turmeric hit!