Another great recipe that’s easy to prepare and fits in with an anti-inflammatory lifestyle. Thanks to Rukmini Iyer’s recipe which I’ve slightly adapted for those avoiding certain inflammatory foods. Enjoy!
- 400ml of coconut milk (for endo warriors, either make your own or use one without guar gum)
- 1kg organic chicken thighs
- 600g organic butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and sliced
- 5 organic shallots, peeled and halved
- 5cm ginger, peeled
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, halved, de-seeded (optional, maybe avoid if causes inflammation)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric (try a brand with high curcumin)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 sticks of lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons tamarind (try a refined sugar free brand if looking to lower inflammation)
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- Bunch of chopped coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/200°C/ gas 6.
- Place the chicken, butternut squash and 3 shalllots as one layer in the baking tray.
- Make a spice paste by placing all the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend with enough coconut milk to make a smooth paste.
- Mix the remaining coconut milk into the paste.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and butternut squash in the tray, making sure everything is covered.
- Pop in the oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with greens, rice and plenty of chopped coriander.