When you’re on a restricted diet it’s so exciting to find a sweet treat that tastes this delicious! It’s not something I could eat all the time because of the dairy content, but it’s wonderful as an occasional treat :0). The coconut sugar is a great alternative to refined sugar.
300ml red wine (preferably organic)
2 bay leaves
1 x teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 star anise
Seeds from 5 cardamon pods
200g organic honey
Pre-heat oven to 160/gas mark 3. You will need a baking dish that will fit all the plums in one layer, halved.
1) Cut the plums in half, remove the stones and place cut side down in the dish.
2) Put all the remaining ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
3) Pour over the plums, cover the dish with foil or a lid. Bake for approx 1 hour until the plums are tender.
Once cool, the fruit will keep in the fridge for 3 or so days.
Serve with coconut sugar cream
200ml double cream
300g greek yoghurt
1) Whip the cream until it’s firm
2) Fold in the yoghurt until everything is well combined
3) Transfer to a serving dish, level the mixture and sprinkle a generous carpet of coconut sugar over the top :0).
4) Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for 6-12 hours before serving to allow the sugar to dissolve on top!